Four easy steps to take your startup from zero to hero
No one is you and that is your power
The lovely thing about companies is that just like fingerprints, zebra stripes, and Dr. Phil episodes, no two are alike. Businesses might focus on the same community, area or audience (we will get into this soon) but their brand identity will still differ immensely due to the internal factors. So, how do you find out who you really are? Unlike your own identity, brand identity is actually fairly easy to figure out thanks to The Kapferer Brand Identity Prism. It breaks it down into six elements, divided in half with three of them being external and the other three internal factors. All of those together will help you to use strategic positioning to build a brand that reflects your core values to your followers. Let’s take a closer look at the questions you should be asking to nail the prism:
- Physique – What is the visual representation of your brand?
- Personality – What is the character of your brand?
- Relationship – How do you communicate with the audience?
- Culture – What are your brand values?
- Reflection – Who is your audience?
- Self-Image – How does your audience see itself?
Find Your Pack
- Who do you want to work with?
- Who needs to hear what you have to say?
- Who will benefit the most from your message?
- Who do you relate to?
No pain, no gain
- Gain – What kind of an outcome are they hoping to achieve and how would they benefit from it?
- Customer Jobs – What are they trying to get done in their work and personal lives when dealing with a problem?
- Pains – What are the bad outcomes or risks that they are afraid of?