Eye-Opening Perspectives on Influencer Marketing
Ilaria Severi- Can Influencer Marketing Impact the Purchase Funnel?
Ilaria Severi is a fresh face on the marketing scene, with 3 years of experience as a senior manager with the Cirqle and a network of over 50,000 influencers. She’s worked with some of the best known Fortune 500 companies, including Procter & Gamble and McDonald’s. Even with the immense growth of influencer marketing, there are still some who are skeptical about its effectiveness, especially in terms of sales. Ilaria’s keynote highlighted the latest numbers and statistics to address these questions.
- 61% of consumers interact with at least 1 piece of influencer-generated content a day,
- 87% of consumers are more likely to be moved to take action because of an influencer.
But this growth is only attainable with a meaningful strategy and efficient technology to optimize how you execute your influencer marketing campaign. Ilaria introduced us to some key metrics we need to track and consider when working with an influencer:
- Engagement Rate: Likes, comments, shares, etc. You can also track the speed at which a post is engaged with, to see if an influencer is using bots. Impactana and can help with this because it tracks all kinds of engagement.
- Quality Control: ensures than an influencer isn’t ‘baiting’ their followers with #likeforlike posts. To track this, tools like HypeAuditor can ensure that your potential influencer isn’t using bots or paying for fake engagement.
- Cognitive computing: assesses the tone, interests, and passions of an influencer to see if they align with the message of your brand.
These metrics help businesses gauge the growth of their brand through their influencer marketing strategy.